I am writing this on the last day of week 4 and hence, the end of month one of the #Designerfromscratch.
I don’t know if I would say that I have done a lot, or things turned out as I wanted them to be but can’t really say.
Because I can’t really quantify all of these measures. However, I will try to reflect back on whatever I was able to accomplish in this span of one month.
- Worked on my portfolio site. Check it here.
- Worked on my first UX case study. (The final prototyping phase is left only now). You can read it here.
- Last two days, I am working on Adobe Creative Challenge, where we have to design a food delivery app. You can check that on my Behance.
- Explored the icon design space for a while. Made kind of two icon sets. Interesting field I would say.
- The IDF course that I started with, It’s 69% completed.
Let’s look at the failures:
- We started with two people but I (Shubham) was the only one who continued. Not blaming or saying anyone but there is one important lesson I learned that if ever you are the one who has initiated something, you cannot expect someone else to share the same passion as you do. And that’s applicable for me also.
- Thinking that everything can be done in a set timeframe. Something may take time as they unfold. Like I did that with the E-learning platform app. It is still taking time.
- Trying out multiple things at once.
And drum-rolls, the most important lessons.
Patience is a virtue.
Make peace with Anxiety. You can’t get rid of it.
Also, I am definitely seeing improvements in my design.
Yeah, that’s pretty much it.