In this episode of design talks, we have Sankalp Sinha with us who is currently working as Senior Product Designer [Remote] at Seller Crowd.
He is an advocate of Minimalism and that reflects so prominently from his personality.
So, we explored the concept of “ Minimalism and Design “. We talked about Minimalism as a philosophy and how it is related to Design.
[Plug in earphones/headphones for listening properly, the audio is a bit low.]
In the video podcast, Sankalp mentioned quite a few resources on Minimalism which are as follows:
- Joshua Becker – Becoming Minimalist
- Leo Babuata – on Minimalism
- Tidying up with Maire Kondo [Documentary]
And here are the key takeaways from the video podcast.
- Minimalism is a lifestyle and practice.
- Minimalism and mindfulness go hand in hand and hence, meditation becomes a companion in your pursuit of minimalism.
- Minimalism in design is about getting rid of the stuff that you think won’t add any value to the end user. In a nutshell, it is about getting rid of the noise.
- When you apply minimalism, either to your design or your life, you become more aware of the stuff that you are doing.
- Find your own definition of minimalism.
You can find Sankalp here:
Hope you were able to learn something new today.
Stay tuned for more such design talks.
P.S: Pardon for the sloppy video transitions and audio quality. We surely will improve the next time.